Embassy of Foreign Artists – Open Call for residencies 2021
Embassy of Foreign Artists, Carouge, Switzerland01 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021Deadline: 01 Jun 2020
The Embassy of Foreign Artists is launching calls for themed projects, open to all types of practice. These reflect the areas of interest and the aim of the Embassy of Foreign Artists to offer research time and visibility to original projects that examine their subject critically.
This year the open call for 2021 is launched on 15 April 2020 and will close on 1st of June 2020.
AVAILABLE PERIODS 2021
– 3 months from 1st January to 31th March 2021
– 3 months from 1st April to 30th June 2021
– 3 months from 1st July to 30th September 2021
– 3 months from 1st October to 31th December 2021
– 6 months from 1st January to 30th June 2021
– 6 months from 1st July to 31th December 2021
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
The open call is addressed to all professional artists coming from following artistic fields: performing arts, visual arts and applied arts (fine arts, dance, theatre, music, literature, comics, cinema, etc.). Cultural practitioners, active in the research of contemporary cultural practices, such as curators, play writers, set designer or from other fields and applied disciplines (architecture, design) are also invited to apply.
THEMED PROJECTS 2021
- Art and Citizenship : Looking at the world with a critical eye.
Short films and video essays rooted in reality.
- Art and Science : Exploring scientific issues through art.
Diving into the heart of a research laboratory.
- Art and Stories : Giving form to archives.
Research linked to the archives of international organisations
Find more information here: eofa.ch