Residency at Jan van Eyck Academie
Jan van Eyck Academie, Maastricht, NetherlandsDeadline: 01 Oct 2020
Artists, curators, designers ranging from graphic and fashion to food and social design, writers, and architects are welcome to apply for a 12-month residency starting in 2021.
As a multi-disciplinary post-academic institute, the Jan van Eyck Academie in Maastricht, the Netherlands, offers residency programmes to those who wish to broaden their artistic horizons and develop their art practice in depth. In the upcoming years, the Jan van Eyck Academie is committed in exploring the agency, roles, and civic significance of art, design and other creative practices in relation to climate change, environmental breakdown, and their manifold effects. This institutional focus aims at creating a common-ground that embraces a diversity of practices and allows for a multitude of voices.
Each participant is equipped with a private studio, can count on the guidance of our advisers, and can make use of the expertise of our library and Labs – Photography & Audiovisual, Materials & Construction, Food, Printing & Publishing and Future Materials. The departments for Nature Research, Art & Society and Research & Education support the artists in realizing their projects in collaboration with external parties, and further artistic and academic research. Next to their individual projects, participants are encouraged to collaboratively develop an In-Lab project and to contribute to the public programme.
– Lasting 12 months, you may indicate whether you would like to start your residency in April 2021 or September 2021;
– 32 up to 35 spots are available each year;
– The enrolment fee amounts to €2,750/year excluding VAT;
– Participants receive a monthly stipend of €900 and a working budget of €2,000 annually;
– Duos or collectives can apply with 1 project proposal for 1 residency at the Jan van Eyck. If selected, they will share 1 studio and 1 stipend;
– Participants are expected to settle in Maastricht or direct surroundings (in a radius of 10 km) during their stay at the Jan van Eyck.
Deadline: 1 October 2020, 23:59 (CEST)
You can find all information about the application and selection procedure as well as the application form here.
*If you live in Flanders, you have the opportunity to apply for a residency at the Jan van Eyck Academie through the Flemish Government. Please find all info here.