Call for applications
The Arthouse Foundation Artist in Residency Programme 2020
The Arthouse Foundation, Lagos, Nigeria13 Jan 2020 - 06 Dec 2020Deadline: 30 Sep 2019
The Arthouse Foundation is an artist residency programme that takes place in the city of Lagos, Nigeria, offering residency for two artists simultaneously throughout the year in three-month sessions. The Arthouse Foundation aims to encourage the creative development of contemporary art in Nigeria by providing a platform for artists to expand their practice and experiment with new forms and ideas.
This call for applications is open to local and international visual artists who wish to engage a new artistic project within the city of Lagos. Each session, artists are provided with a live/work studio as well as a budget for materials and monthly living stipend. Artists develop a new artistic project that is exhibited at the end of the residency programme. Artists will also engage with the public through a workshop, artist talk and final exhibition.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
– The Arthouse Foundation will provide the selected artists a live/work studio space in the Ikoyi neighborhood of Lagos, Nigeria, for the duration of their residency.
– The Arthouse Foundation will provide a monthly living stipend of NGN 50,000, and a one-time production stipend of NGN 100,000.
– The Arthouse Foundation will provide Wifi, cable television, a weekly cleaner, and live-in security post.
– The Arthouse Foundation will provide a visa letter to international participants. Artists are responsible for visa costs.
– Artists are responsible for airfare.
– Artists will participate in public programs including a workshop, Artist Talk, and Final Exhibition. Sales from the exhibition will be split 50/50 with the Arthouse Foundation.
– Artists will donate one artwork to the Arthouse Foundation at the end of the residency.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FILL OUT THE ONLINE FORM HERE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 30, 2019
Winter Session: January 13-April 12, 2020
Spring Session: April 27-July 26, 2020
Fall Session: September 7-December 6, 2020