ZK/U residency program 2020
ZK/U - Center for Art and Urbanistics, Berlin, GermanyDeadline: 23 Apr 2020
The residency program offered by ZK/U – Center for Art and Urbanistics in Berlin is open to artists, scholars, practitioners and professionals of various fields whose practice or approach relates to the exploration and questioning of urban reality. ZK/U welcomes residency applications with proposals framed as contemporary artistic positions that are conceptual, interventionist and contextual, and as research and activism in the fields of urbanism, geography, anthropology, architecture and the humanities.
With collaborative practices and peer-to-peer learning at its core, the residency is about exchanging with and learning from other artists and practitioners. It is a space for urban experimentation where fellows connect through common themes and interests. ZK/U offers a “living and working” space within a former train station building, located in a dynamic public park. Hosting regular public events catering to a diverse audience, ZK/U is a lively cultural venue, and residents are encouraged to involve themselves with ZK/U’s programme and to propose their own formats.
More information on the program can be found here. Conceptual framework
Applicants are encouraged to formulate their project proposals with the conceptual framework of ZK/U in mind.
What will be provided:
- a studio-apartment for living and working
- access to communal spaces (kitchen, terrace, library)
- a special residency program of weekly dinners, monthly studio visits and bi-monthly open
- studio events (OPENHAUS)
- the possibility to take part or be part of ZK/U’s public events
- support to locate events, resources, and urban discourses relevant to the fellows’research interests
- support to create self-initiated public events or formats (additional costs may apply)
- promotion of the fellows’ work online and locally
For individual fellows or groups, depending on the type of studio-apartment and the length of stay (3-8 months), the residency fees are between €550 and €850 per month. The fees cover all utility costs, space usage and participation in the residency programming. The residency period can take place anytime within the next two years after the selected resident is notified.